- Beautiful North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- I am Jenny Pepper, feltmaker and lover of all things fibre... I have been feltmaking for 20 years, but creating all my life in one way or another. I exhibit my felt work and sell in galleries. I also offer occasional tuition near Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK.
Monday, 16 November 2009
York Cemetery...... a day out
I have a Christmas Craft Fair booked at York Cemetery, not the first venue that springs to mind. I have never been before, I tend to cry when I visit a cemetery, usually an unhappy occasion attached. But, everytime I mention this place, I am surprised to find, people respond saying they enjoy visiting this cemetery. Apparently its well loved and cared for and regular events take place in the Chapel and grounds, such as art exhibitions, music and guided walks. I have found their website and after reading fully I am now quite excited about visiting at Christmas. What a refreshing approach to take, if only all cemeteries were so well tended and respected. They are special, tranquil, moving places, I will try not to cry at the Fair.
The fair organised by Flare, takes place on Sunday 29th November 11am to 4pm. Pop in and say hello if you are in the area. I think there's tea and cakes.
I rarely attend craft fairs, not for any reason other than I dont know of many and never get round to booking, but I really enjoyed the last one at Nether Poppleton, it was a really pleasant day out and I met lots of great people. In fact I am thinking I would like to find some more Craft Market type events next year, not just at Christmas. If there is anyone out there reading this, can you recommend any events, not just near York?
- ► 2010 (17)
- Rain didnt stop play...
- Getting ready for the Cemetery!!!
- Stumbled on this...
- Spreading the word for a friend
- East Coast Open Exhibition
- "Save the Rainforest" click on the screen shot.......
- York Cemetery...... a day out
- Sashiko exhibition
- Christmas Market Sunday 8th November
- Learn a new craft, be creative, have fun in 2010 !...
- Knitting and Stitching Show, Harrogate
- ▼ November (12)