About Me

My photo
Beautiful North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I am Jenny Pepper, feltmaker and lover of all things fibre... I have been feltmaking since 1996 , but creating all my life in one way or another. I am travelling tutor & designer maker.

Sunday 1 November 2009

Knitting and Stitching Show, Harrogate

Looking forward to this months show. I will be demonstrating on the Friday morning on th IFA stand and then whizzing round the rest of the show in the afternoon. I always look forward to the new graduates showcase to see new and exciting work.

I take myself a limited amount of 'pocket money' and only spend that and not a penny more. When I first viited shows like this I was so amazed by everything on show and came home with bags of goodies. All very exciting but often quite random! I now have a more controlled approach, I look around once, anything that stays in my mind I go back for a second look and only then do I buy, keeping to a colour scheme. I then come home and play with my stash and somehow it all gels together better and gets used, unlike some of my early days purchases that seemed a good idea at the time!

I love the advert for this years show that I've seen in magazines, but couldn't find an online copy, but here is the link to the show:

http://www.twistedthread.com

No comments:

Post a Comment