About Me

My photo
Beautiful North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I am Jenny Pepper, feltmaker and lover of all things fibre... I have been feltmaking since 1996 , but creating all my life in one way or another. I am travelling tutor & designer maker.

Wednesday 8 July 2009

Last weeks workshop


Last weekend I held a Cobweb felt workshop in our village hall. It was a gloriously sunny day which helped dry our sample scarf in the breeze and go home with dry felt for a change. The day was spent sampling a variety of natural undyed wools. We assembled and joined them into a scarf to take home. I thought we all had enough sample pieces stored away and this time although sampling we could take away something finished whilst seeing the test results of the wools.
The wools sampled were, Norwegian, Jacob Humbug blend, Black Jacob, Wensleydale and Blue Faced Leicester Humbug blend. Wensleydale results were most popular for appearance but BFL for softness.

1 comment:

  1. am just slightly envious of the lovely variety of sheep breeds available in Britain

    ReplyDelete