About Me

My photo
Beautiful North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I am Jenny Pepper, feltmaker and lover of all things fibre... I have been feltmaking since 1996 , but creating all my life in one way or another. I am travelling tutor & designer maker.

Saturday 11 July 2009

First day


Today was the first Saturday that I had my workshop open to view, its still a bit sparse but I'm working on filling it. I now have my name on the door, that's a strange feeling facing it each day as I unlock.

The sun was shining and the forest was busy. I met some lovely people and had two sales, so I felt encouraged. Its a big step moving into your own space.

There are lots of activities taking place at weekends and holidays. A lot centres around mountain biking, there are some new bike routes and challenges. There is also a "Go Ape" which my son loves, lots of zip wires and other daring rope things, I think I'm too old for this now.




The sun was just perfect to dry my felt work in. There was a little, but welcome breeze. We found this old clothes horse abandoned near where I live quite some time ago and I think its just perfect for the job. I laid out a really big piece of felt on my new worktable, just because I could. I used Norwegian and had a play with some pattern. I was pleased with the result and have a few ideas for adding more when it is dry. As always my colours are quite muted but there is a hint of lime just catch the eye.

It may be a wall hanging or possibly a runner, but either way I like the result and firmness of the Norwegian.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny Happy Birthday! What a coincidence.I bet you are quite a lot of years behind me.
    I love your piece of felt and the new workshop is so exciting.Envy!
    I missed these posts so I'll add you to google reader. I thought I already had.

    ReplyDelete