About Me

My photo
Beautiful North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I am Jenny Pepper, feltmaker and lover of all things fibre... I have been feltmaking since 1996 , but creating all my life in one way or another. I am travelling tutor & designer maker.

Thursday 21 March 2013

Where does the week go?


Since my last post it feels a lot has happened....all in a flash. With Wonderwool Wales coming up, far quicker than I planned, the time just disappears. I daren't count how many making days I have left until.....


I have been on an extremely inspiring "Business Day" with Susan Briggs and North York Moors NPA, I learnt so much about Websites, SEO's and Social Media, I don't think I will ever get round to implementing it all, but I am making a start. Writing a regular Blog post is one of those 'to do" things. Living and working next to North York Moors is very inspiring too, I realise I am very lucky to be surrounded by such natural beauty. Their website is inspiring too, well worth a look before you visit this area to plan what to see.


The Vintage Felt workshop was a very busy day with twelve enthusiastic felt makers. It was a lovely day and I thoroughly enjoyed looking at everyones Vintage treasures they brought with them. In the morning everyone made a Cobweb Vessel incorporating lace and then after a very quick lunch( which I almost had to force people to take!) the afternoon was spent on lots of different pieces of felt, all unique, as the fragments of lace, ribbon, fabric and buttons were incorporated. 

A visit to Cober Hill to finalise some of the Residential Feltmaking Weekend details was very enjoyable, this is such a lovely building with an air of calm. We took tea in the original panelled  entrance and lost ourselves in plans of what we will be doing. There are now just three places available, if you are interested in joining us, just get in touch.


In between all of this I am making felt for events in the near future, I need more hours in the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment