About Me

My photo
Beautiful North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I am Jenny Pepper, feltmaker and lover of all things fibre... I have been feltmaking since 1996 , but creating all my life in one way or another. I am travelling tutor & designer maker.

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Woolfest and more.....

I love Woolfest, the atmosphere is wonderful, I am excited to have been allocated a stand (pen) for the 2013 event. I attended the first show as a visitor, all those years ago,  as I really didn't know what to expect. I had never been to a Wool Festival before, I have exhibited every year since then.  Since that first visit it has become an annual event on our calendar, inked in immediately as one year finishes, looking forward to the next. My son has grown up with it and loves it too, this year he'll be in London for Uni visits when I come, but has just told me he's catching the train up to Penrith to catch a day at Woolfest, I'm smiling......

Last year saw a new section open up at the Auction Mart, increasing the size for exhibitors, I was on stand K260 on a corner of the new extension. If you found me there, I will be on the same stand again this year, alongside Jackie Lunn and Jane Cummins. 


I have been running day workshops since 2005 near where I live, I never planned this, sometimes things just  happen. I am a Feltmaker first and foremost, I am addicted to the process, I experiment far too much as my mind bursts with ideas. The workshops started as a follow on from an ArtsWeek project I delivered at our local school. The project was for the children, but the "helpers" were fascinated with the process too. I arranged a day for the grown ups and the rest is history as they say.  Prior to the workshops commencing I had been making Felt for ten years, exploring techniques and possibilities, constantly discovering new ways, sometimes through planning but sometimes by accident! 
This year I have been invited to deliver workshops around the country, I hope to meet up with more Feltmakers on my journeys. Below is a brief diary date of where and when I will be during 2013.


Workshops:
Hutton Buscel, near Scarborough, North Yorkshire, various dates throughout the year.
March 9th IFA  Kendal, Cumbria  Natural Vessels
April 29th/30th Wonderwool Wales  2 Day Workshop
 May 4th Joe Cornish Gallery Workshop, Northallerton, North Yorkshire
June 1st The Dutch House Workshop, Crayke, near Easingwold
September 15th IFA Great Missenden, Seed Workshop
October 4th/5th Cober Hill Residential Felt Weekend

Shows:
April 27th/28th WonderWool Wales, Builth Wells
June 28th/29th Woolfest, Cockermouth, Cumbria
July 27th/28th FibreEast, Bedford
September 28th/29th Yarndale, Skipton, North Yorkshire

There are a few other events in the pipeline which I will share when I can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment